5 Recreational Activities To Do In Singapore During The Weekends 2018
The weekends: something that is fleeting yet precious. You are raring to make full use of them before they disappear in a flash. However, ask the average Singaporean and you will probably hear a lament like “Singapore is so boring, there is literally nothing to do other than to eat!” Here is a list of 5 things to do to keep you entertained on this (not so) little red dot.
1. Go For Stand Up Paddle Boarding
This fun leisure activity is ideal for Singaporean waters as it can be done under most weather conditions – except rainy days, of course. Suitable for all ages, stand up paddle boarding can be done with a group of friends, your family or simply as an individual sport as you wish! Another benefit is that stand up paddle boarding acts as a really good fitness activity for those of you there who want to shed the extra calories!
- Learn more
- Rates: $60-$80/hr depending on how big/small your group is
- Address: Tanjong Beach, Sentosa
2. Unwind At A Board Games Café
Have you ever found yourself and a group of friends awkwardly standing in the middle of somewhere, waiting for someone to decide where to go or what to do next? The next time you find yourself caught in such a situation, you can then suggest heading to a board games café. Instead of mindlessly staring at a screen (watching a movie), or as if we have not been staring at our phones enough, engaging in a board games session with your family or friends is a great way to bond with them and get to know them better.
- Rates (The Mind Café): $5/gaming hour
- Address:60A Prinsep Street, 188664
- Opening Hours: 2PM – 11PM (Monday – Thursday), 12PM – 6AM (Friday – Saturday), 12PM – 2AM (Sunday)
3. Visit A Museum/Art Gallery
If you are more of an introspective person and prefer indoor activities, then visiting a museum/art gallery would be perfect! Moreover, the best catch is that Singaporeans usually do not have to pay for their entrance fees (depending on the exhibit/museum you visit). With over 30 museums in Singapore catered to your various interests, you will definitely be able to find one to wander into.
- Rates: FREE (depending on the museum you choose to visit)
4. Visit An Animal Resort
If you do not see yourself squeezing with throngs of people in the zoo over the weekends, yet still want to get up close and personal with animals, the Animal Resort at Seletar might be your next best bet. Hustled in the north in Seletar West Farmway, admission to the animal resort is free, although you have to purchase feed for a small fee if you wish to feed the animals. A trip down to the animal resort is also a bittersweet one as it provides its visitors with a glimpse into rural life with its kampong style setting.
- Rates: FREE (additional fee for feed)
- Address: 81 Seletar West Farmway 5, 798061
- Opening Hours: 10AM – 6PM daily (Tueaday – Sunday)
5. Embark On A Forest Adventure
This is for the thrill seekers out there who are looking at giving themselves a challenge. With various courses available, depending on the level of difficulty, anyone can take up the challenge and head towards the finishing line in Singapore’s only tree top adventure course. So go forth, with your family or friends, for an exhilarating day out amongst the flora and fauna.
- Learn more
- Grand course: $50 per pax
- Kids course: $36 per child
- Junior course: $39 per child
- Opening Hours: 9:30AM – 6:30PM (Tuesday – Sunday)
With this exhaustive list, you should be all set for your weekend adventure!
familyrecreational activitiesthings to do in singaporeweekends